Public Notification by BC Corrections – High Risk Sexual Offender Living in Surrey
2013-06-19 14:14 PDT
RAYMOND CAISSIE, age 42, is a high risk sexual and violent offender and is the subject of a public notification conducted by the Ministry of Justice, Corrections Branch.
CAISSIE is 5 feet 11 inches tall and weighs 165 pounds. He is Caucasian with short brown hair and brown eyes. He resides in the City of Surrey.
CAISSIE has a criminal history including sexual assault with a weapon x 2; forcible confinement and robbery x 2; theft; break, enter and theft; theft over $1000; and possession of stolen property. He is currently on bail supervision.
CAISSIE has maintained a varied pattern of offending, having offended both violently and sexually, in both an opportunistic and impulsive manner.
He is to be supervised by the Surrey Probation Office and is being monitored by the Surrey RCMP. Mr. CAISSIE must abide by various court ordered conditions of his release including the following:
- You shall keep the peace and be of good behaviour.
- You shall remain within the Province of British Columbia unless prior written permission to go outside the Province is obtained from the Court or the Bail Supervisor.
- You shall have no contact, direct or indirect, with any of the victims of offences for which you have been convicted or any known members of their immediate families.
- You shall not attend within 300 meters of any known residence, place of employment or educational facility of any of the victims of offences for which you have been convicted, or any known members of their immediate families.
- You shall not possess any knives except for the immediate preparation and consumption of food, unless specifically needed for onsite employment which is approved of by your Bail Supervisor.
- You shall not possess, own or carry any weapon, including but not limited to any firearm, crossbow, prohibited weapon, restricted weapon, prohibited device, ammunition, prohibited ammunition or explosive substance, and any related authorizations, licenses and registration certificates. Nor are you to possess any imitation firearm or imitation of those other items listed in this condition.
- You shall not consume or possess any controlled substances as listed in the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act excluding prescription medication prescribed to you by a licensed physician or dentist and you can only consume prescribed medication in the dosage prescribed by the doctor or dentist.
- You shall not possess any tool or device that can be used for the purposes of restraint included but is not limited to: duct tape, straps, rope, or wire unless specifically needed for onsite employment which is approved of by your Bail Supervisor.
If you observe Mr. CAISSIE in violation on any of the above noted conditions, please do not approach him. Immediately contact the Surrey RCMP at 604-599-0502.
If you have questions concerning the public notification process please contact Corrections Branch at (250) 387-6366.