Public Notification by BC Corrections – High Risk Sexual Offender Living in Surrey
2014-01-31 12:27 PST
WASAN is 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighs 180 pounds. He is East Indian with a bald head and brown eyes. He plans to reside in the City of Surrey.
WASAN has a criminal history which includes sex assault, sex assault with a weapon, sexual interference, assault, failure to comply, uttering threats, breach of trust, driving property and drug offenses.
WASAN has maintained a versatile pattern of sexual offending, having offended against both women and girls in a sexual manner.
WASAN is subject to close monitoring by authorities and 20 court-ordered conditions including:
- You shall have no contact, direct or indirect, with any female under the age of 18 years.
- You must not attend a public park or public swimming area where females under the age of 18 years are present or can reasonably be expected to be present, or a community centre, school ground, playground, or pool.
- You shall not possess any knives except for the immediate preparation and consumption of food.
- You shall not possess, own or carry any weapon, including but not limited to any firearm, crossbow, prohibited weapon, restricted weapon, prohibited device, ammunition, prohibited ammunition or explosive substance, and any related authorizations, licenses and registration certificates. Nor are you to possess any imitation firearm or imitation of those other items listed in this condition.
- You shall not consume or possess alcohol or any controlled substances as listed in the Controlled Drug and Substances Act excluding prescription medication prescribed to you by a licensed physician or dentist and you can only consume prescribed medication in the dosage prescribed by the doctor or dentist.
- You shall not enter any liquor store, beer and/or wine store, or business whose primary purpose is the sale or distribution of alcoholic beverages.
- You shall not be in any contact with any sex trade workers, including you are not to negotiate for sexual services and not to obtain or engage in sexual services for money or other consideration.
If you observe the subject in violation of any of the above conditions, please call your local police agency. If you have questions concerning the public notification process please contact Corrections Branch at (250) 387-6366.
For media inquiries please call (250) 213-3602.